UAE national with 14 years of experience in Finance and Accounting across various industries such as Aluminium Smelting, Real Estate Development, Sports Events Management and Power & Desalination. Ten years of which are in a management level.
Currently studying towards CIMA certification (Chartered Institute of Management Accountants - UK)
MBA - American University in Sharjah
BSc. Business Administration
Ajman University of Science and Technology
Higher Diploma in Accounting
Higher Colleges of Technology
Fluent in Arabic and English
Microsoft Excel - Advanced
Experienced Trainer and Presenter
at Total Tractebel Emirates O&M
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
February 2011 - Present
• Management reporting - monthly report to the station General Manager
• Monthly Maintenance Cost report
• Monthly reporting to owner companies (shareholders)
• End-of-month closing and reporting
• Payroll review and processing
• Member of the Tender Opening committee
• Review and reporting of stores transactions
• Member of Procurement Process Improvement Team
• Invoice review, checking and processing
• Cash payments for company PRO and stores
• Prepare the company’s annual budget in collaboration with all departments including Operations,
Maintenance, Human Resources, Business Process, etc.
• Quarterly forecast review and updating
• Reviewing and updating Finance procedures
at FIFA Club World Cup 2009/10
FIFA Local Organising Committee,
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
September 2009 - January 2011
The Local Organising Committee (LOC) was in charge of organising the FIFA Club World Cup
Tournament in Abu Dhabi for 2009 and 2010. The committee operated under, and reports to,
the Executive Affairs Authority (EAA).
My job entailed overseeing all the accounting work related to the tournament such as:
• Preparation, review and tracking of the actuals and budgets for the different functions within the tournament,
such as Marketing, Communications, Event Operations, Competitions, Finance, HR and Administration. This includes the operational budgets in addition to major planned contracts.
• Liaise with the different function directors for cost accruals, variance justification, contract amendments, etc…
• Review and analysis of actual expenditures in 2009 to improve the planning and budgeting for the 2010 tournament for which expenditure was 30% lower than 2009
• Cost tracking, recording, and control.
• Verify Local Purchase Orders, Requests for Payment and Petty Cash.
• Payment processing for staff (payroll), contractors, and vendors.
• Control over proceeds from sponsorship and ticket sales to general public, local partners (sponsors), clubs, etc…
• Collaboration with the Executive Affairs Authority (EAA) Accounts department and External Auditors.
• Financial Reporting to the Executive Affairs Authority.
at Nakheel PJSC
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
May 2006 - August 2009
Accounts Receivable Manager, Nakheel Southern Projects (NSP), (May-August 2009)
Nakheel Southern Projects includes major real estate projects such as Palm Jumeirah, Palm Jabal Ali and Dubai Waterfront
• Review and analysis of collection reports, ageing reports, bank reconciliation.
• Collaboration with the Collections and Credit Control teams in Nakheel Head Office.
• Collaborate with project Managers with relation to billable amounts and percentage of completion.
• Review and processing of property consolidation requests.
Finance Manager, Jumeirah Heights, an ongoing Nakheel Project - (Oct 08 - May 09)
Responsible for financial planning and management and act as a support to project development and property management activities for the project.
• Overall responsibility for accounting activities and implementation of internal controls.
• Responsible for the functions of budgeting at the Business Unit level. Review, analyse and provide feedback on the cost estimates provided by Quantity Surveyors and Cost Engineers.
• Assist the Finance Shared Services by providing financial reports and information related to the Business Unit.
• Find and explore opportunities to reduce costs/increase revenues while maintaining quality.
• Cultivate a financial awareness within the team and seek suggestions and feedback on improving the bottom line particularly from the technical and procurement team-mates.
Management Accountant in Nakheel Investment Projects (NIP) (May 07-Oct 08)
NIP the Business Development arm of Nakheel, which held five Business Units: Dubai Promenade,
the Palm Monorail, Palm Mall, Gateway Towers, Hillside Villas
My role entailed the following:
• Creation and review of project feasibility studies, including those for residential, commercial, retail, hospitality, and entertainment projects.
• Member of Tender Opening Committee and member of the tender evaluation team.
• Review and approval of Capital and Operational Expenditure Proposals (Capex and Opex), for the Business Unites prior to approval by the GMs.
• Compile, review and summarise the monthly management report for the Managing Director showing the highlights for the month, sales to date, collections to date, overdues, total forecast cost and actual cost incurred, project profitability forecast, cash flow forecast, project status, project issues and variances of actual amounts from budgeted.
Acting Development Manager within a mixed use Nakheel project-Dubai Promenade (May 06-May 07)
I took over the following activities:
• Preparing and updating the project’s business plan to be submitted and discussed with top management.
• Preparing feasibility studies related to the project’s different components.
• Analysis of various scenarios relating to the projects scope and layout.
• Preparing and giving presentations to top management and other concerned parties.
• Support company's marketing efforts to implement the project’s marketing strategy. Maintaining the project’s vision and brand in keeping with Nakheel’s overall branding.
• Collaborating with the multidiscipline professional team including Architects, Quantity Surveyors, Consultants, Structural Engineers, Real Estate Agents and Hospitality and Retail consultants.
• Coordinating with other business units, shared services and other internal and external parties to be in line with the company's vision, policies and procedures.
at Dubai Aluminium
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
August 2002 - November 2005
As Management Accountant in the Business Performance Department, my job entailed the following routine, and non-routine, activities:
• Budgeting and Forecasting: coordination with various departments to set their annual budgets
• Preparing of schedules for the Monthly Budget Performance Report
• Follow up and analysis of KPIs, costs, expenses and allocation of costs in the following cost centres:
- Legal Department
- Corporate Services and Public Relations
- Internal Audit
- Security Services and Fire Prevention
- Supply - Purchasing, Shipping, Warehouse
- Office Services
- Human Resources
In addition to Training & Development, Maintenance, Dock operations, and Power & Desalination, Employee Residential area, in collaboration with the area analysts.
• The Dubai Desert Classic account - reporting and analysis
• Vice Chairman's Report - Profit and Loss for the Accounting Period
• Evaluation of financial impact of suggestions received from administration areas and some operations areas (e.g. Maintenance, Power Plant, Carbon Plant) as part of the company’s Suggestion Scheme.
• Handled license renewal applications for various government bodies; (Dubai Municipality, Ministry of Finance and Industry)
• Financial evaluation for Buy vs. Lease, In-house/Outsourcing proposals, etc.
• Costing of activities, processes and materials for decision making
• Changes to processes and practices to streamline operations, particularly in Supply Dept.
• Team member of Annual Company Meeting Committee
• Participated as a trainer in the First Line Management Course
• Prepared and conducted Accounts related presentations to employees.